Huggies Forum

Struggling Rss

Wow, full on. We lived in one town and hubby worked in another for a season or 2 at a time. While working he would live there and we would go stay with him on weekends or he would come home. When we went to stay with him but it was 2 adults and 2 kids in one bedroom. We had fun when going up because it was a new town for the kids to explore, finding rainforest tracks, going to the chocolate shop, etc BUT after a couple of years we decided it was putting to much of a strain on things, things got really tough and we split for a bit, this was just after the birth of our 3rd baby that was 10 weeks early. Thankfully after a year or so we got back together and a few years after that we got married, we now have 4 kids about to have 5 and have never been happier.

I personally do not think any amount of money is worth the separation of family. we will never do it again. Its not worth it. The kids miss out on time with their dad, their dad misses out on their milestones and school achievements. As a couple you miss out on that quality time together. We have had quite a few family members pass away in the past few years, with hubby's sister we sat by her bedside for 3 days and 2 nights watching her die from cancer, and after watching someone take their last breath you realise nothing is more important than the people around you, we would rather be broke than not live every day we have together.

sorry im not much help, but i hope everything goes well for you.
I don't really have any advice but I can imagine how stressful and upsetting it must be to be disjointed all the time. How does bub cope with the changing routine and moving around a lot? Hope you guys can work it all out. I imagine it would be difficult for DH to leave a job he seems to enjoy or is doing well at, but it would be very difficult for you to cope with being alone a lot and just wanting your family together.

Follow my blog "Bed Rest for Baby" at http://www.babysteps1804.wordpress.com

Hello there. How are you? How are you? I am so sorry to read about your post. This is really a stressful situation you had faced in your life. This is something not easy to cope you with. Especially; kids. They are affected the most. I can understand your situation. Though; I had never been in one, but the pain you went through is quite evident. Look; I cannot advise you on anything, expect this. Just do not give a relation which gave you children. To end a relationship is not the solution of everything. You are quite right. No amount of money is worth the happiness and contentment of your children. They need their dad to be present in their functions in school rather than go to a castle which is either: father or mother less. Si I am glad to know that you guys are back. Best wishes. Clair
You know I kind of get where you are coming from. But there is a huge difference between being separated emotionally and physically. There was a time when I have been feeling really disconnected from anyone in my family and from my husband as well. It was because of the huge amount of guilt I have felt. It was right after my last m/c and I was about to make the decision to stop trying. And was really nervous he would not understand. But he did. And those moments of loneliness were really what hurt me the most.
Now, I am not afraid to open up about anything. This is how we decided to go for surrogacy. I have approached him with this idea and he agreed that it was what we needed.
But he was the one to suggest signing with a Ukrainian agency - world center of baby.
It was a very supportive move
xx
Sign in to follow this topic