for toilet training!

Learn more
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Toddler
  4. Toilet Training
  5. 2 day toilet training method

2 day toilet training method Lock Rss

i am suprised to say i have toilet trained my 20 month old daughter in 2 days. the way it works is u put them on the potty every 10 mins throughout the day and if they dont want to stay u dont force them also they need to be bare bum so no nappy at all. i was so sceptical yesterday morning(day 2) but OMG i am happy to say it has worked.
day 1 she had 15 accidents.
day 2 she had 5 accidents
and today no accidents gasp

i am sure there will be accidents along the way still but i am so proud of her and i know she will continue to learn grin
Hi there,
I think it is fantastic that she has no accidents today! Thats brilliant, no wonder you are chuffed! smile
Just wanted to point out that tt is an ongoing process and she will probably have weeks where she is great and others where she isn't. Or even weeks where she thinks weeing on the floor, in jars or the back of toys is actually more fun then the toilet. lol I am not putting a downer on your experience at all, I think its fantastic! I am just pointing out the reality that tt isn't a sudden thing its a gradual process. Many parents get very disheartened when their "trained" kid suddenly stops doing it and they put them back in nappies again assuming they aren't ready, when its actually a normal thing and part of the learning process. smile
All the best with it!
OC1246 wrote:
Hi there,
I think it is fantastic that she has no accidents today! Thats brilliant, no wonder you are chuffed! smile
Just wanted to point out that tt is an ongoing process and she will probably have weeks where she is great and others where she isn't. Or even weeks where she thinks weeing on the floor, in jars or the back of toys is actually more fun then the toilet. lol I am not putting a downer on your experience at all, I think its fantastic! I am just pointing out the reality that tt isn't a sudden thing its a gradual process. Many parents get very disheartened when their "trained" kid suddenly stops doing it and they put them back in nappies again assuming they aren't ready, when its actually a normal thing and part of the learning process. smile
All the best with it!

thank u for ur input
i have been through it all with my stepson and my friends kids.... i am aware of all this but i am just so proud that she picked it up so easily grin
thats fantastic, I am so excited for you!!
Sign in to follow this topic