Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Best Book EVER Rss

Let's see... anything by Jodi Picoult is good.

Bryce Courtenay (almost) all of his are good (wasn't a big fan of Matthew Flinder's Cat, but the rest are great) Faves are April Fool's Day (true story of his son who had haemophilia (sp?) and got HIV from a blood transfusion sad ) and Jessica.

Love love love Paullina Simons Bronze Horsemen series (The Bronze Horseman, The Bridge to Holy Cross & The Summer Garden)

Also enjoy books by: Stephen King, Dean Koontz & Mary Higgins Clark. I really liked "Henry's Daughter" by Joy Dettman (am on the lookout for more of her books at the moment) an Aussie one for those interested smile
Ditto for the Twilight series - couldn't put them down! Also anything by Nora Roberts I love! I could easily read (and have) her books all day!

Enjoying Karen Rose's crime books atm, also jodi picoult as others have said.

If you like bios try Anthony Kiedis 'Scar Tissue' - really interesting!

Jessica and the power of one by bryce courtney, Candace Bushnell series like sex and the city, trading up, one fith ave and lipstick jungle. I'm currently reading coffessions of a shopaholic, then I have lined up P.S I love you
Awww P.S I love you was great, there is another one by the same author - Celia O'hern (I think) that is great, can't remember what it's called though!!!

I loved the Tomorrow series when I read the series ages ago! The characters are really easy to identify with, (I read them from the ages of around 18 onwards) and they're so well descripted! Plus there's heaps of action for those who like it!

BUT my all time faves would have to be:

- Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte (absolute FAVE)
- The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
- A Streetcar Named Desire by Tennessee Williams
- Alice in Wonderland & Alice Through the Looking Glass by Lewis Carroll AND smile
- Running with Scissors by Augusten Burroughs (the movie was pretty good too. but the book was better)

At the moment, I'm reading 'What Maisie Knew' by Henry James - it's very good too!
[Edited on 22/03/2009]

-Mother to Matilda [2005], Oliver & Iris [2008]

Posted by: my3bubs
One word... Twilight i love all 4 books in the series

And I also really like Jessica and Four fires by Bryce Courtneay

Wow! Twilight series and Jessica are my all time fav books too!!! (And pretty much all of Bryce Courtenay's books are great)

I love anything by VC/Virginia Andrews.

A good true crime book - Never to be Released, I love reading true crime stories, I couldn't put it down.

I love anything by Janet Evanovich - easy to read and get into really quick, also really true laugh out loud books.

I loooove fantasy, my favs atm are all by Jennifer Fallon. Especially her lastest series - The Tide Lords. These are the only books I actually buy (to support an Aussie author) everything else I borrow. Since becoming a Mum I fall asleep after 2 pages of most books, but hers I can't stop reading!!

If I'm after a chuckle I read Terry Pratchet.
[Edited on 22/03/2009]

I am new to this whole forum thing but Love Love Love reading. My favourite books of all time are
1/ The Kite Runner
2/ The Time Traveller's Wife
3/ for light hearted funny Australian Chick Li, you can't go past Gucci Mamas by Cate Kendall
I love Nine Months and Marry Me both by Sarah Ball, an english author.

anything by Tess Gerritsen she is my favourite author by far. her books are mainly suspense thriller type books.. some have a bit of romance too... i cant put them down i own every book she's ever written:P they sell a few newer ones in stores like big w, target etc.

Sign in to follow this topic