Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Planning for Pregnancy
  5. How early in your cycle can you conceive?

How early in your cycle can you conceive? Lock Rss

Hi wondering if anyone has ever concieved after having sex as early as day 9.
My cycle is not 100% acurate, somtimes its 27 days and other times its 29 days or even 30. but iv been charting my cycle now for 5 months and out of the 5 months iv been 27 days 3 times and 29 days once and 30 days once. I have been having ewcm since day 11 its now day 13 and the cm is clear and runny. I really dont know how to pin point ovulation but im wondering if its possible to actually concieve if we did the deed on day 9??? Has anyone else become pregnant after doing the deed that early? I have read that sperm can live for upto 5days. Does having clear runny cm on day 13 mean i could be ovulating now? and would it be possible some sperm could still be there waiting? Im going to have a very anxious 2 weeks now waiting to see if i could be pg or not.
I should also note that I already have 2 sons (2 and half years and 13months) smile
I fell pregnant this time way off my supposed 'ovulation' days! There was literally a one night window as I had things written down (& my husband was back a short time between business trips! So I know it was accurate! Lol)
According to my dates, it works out that my conception date was over 6 days after 'the deed' & completely outside my 'ovulation' window.
Very weird!

I guess anything is possible!
Hi I think I fell pregnant around day 9, as it was way earlier than the day 14 of my cycle. I have tried those ovulation predictor kits but they didn't work for me. One time the kit said I was ovulating for 3 days straight, which I'm not sure could be so? I have always felt that I could fall pregnant earlier than mid cycle and will try again using that assumption. I fell pregnant naturally after fertility treatment never worked, they always waited til about day 17 which I felt was way too late and it didn't work anyway. So I'm going to try au naturelle! Best wishes with everything smile
Jenna772 wrote:
Hi I think I fell pregnant around day 9, as it was way earlier than the day 14 of my cycle. I have tried those ovulation predictor kits but they didn't work for me. One time the kit said I was ovulating for 3 days straight, which I'm not sure could be so? I have always felt that I could fall pregnant earlier than mid cycle and will try again using that assumption. I fell pregnant naturally after fertility treatment never worked, they always waited til about day 17 which I felt was way too late and it didn't work anyway. So I'm going to try au naturelle! Best wishes with everything smile

Jenna your surge could of last 3 days, some cycles I get 3-4 days worth of pos opks, some people have short surges others long.

Jacs Mummy that's possible, our bodies like to keep us guessing

I've not ever tracked/counted days in my cycle too closely, but I know with this pregnancy my period had been Tuesday to Sunday and then the lucky event took place on the Wednesday after. So just 3 days after my period ended. I would have thought that way too early but obviously not. I reckon like other say, anything is possible.
Our bodies sure do like to keep us waiting. I have had ovulation symptoms for 2 days now cd13 and cd14 and the last unprotected sex was on cd9. So im not sure if i will become pg or not as i have read that you wont get symptoms till after implantation much closer to when period is due. I have 2 sons already and both were conceived quiet easily so easily that i wasnt tracking my cycles at all then. But this time we actually are not trying but i have been tracking my cycles and so that i can get familiar with them as we want to try again next year. In the past we have kind of used natural family planning methods and had unprotected sex as soon as my period has stopped and then used condoms for the rest of the cycle. but last week i forgot which cd i was up to and we did it anyway, then looked at my diary the next day and went "oops"! Which i think is why i am ultra ultra anxious about this and want to hear from other women who have conceived from sex as early as cd9. I have heard its possible but obviously nobody can give an exact answer and we will just have to wait and see what happens....its just going to be a very anxious 2 weeks while I wait and i will probably do my head in with every little niggle in my body i will start thinking im pg. With both my previous pregnancy I just knew i was pg before my period was even due, i just had a funny feeling that there was something different and both times i waited untill 4 days after my period was due to do a test. Thank you for your replies! this is great to be able to secretly chat with other women about a topic i couldnt possibly tell anyone else yet smile
Slacktarts wrote:
I've not ever tracked/counted days in my cycle too closely, but I know with this pregnancy my period had been Tuesday to Sunday and then the lucky event took place on the Wednesday after. So just 3 days after my period ended. I would have thought that way too early but obviously not. I reckon like other say, anything is possible.

Thanks Slacktarts smile that would mean you conceived off day9! (OMG) Do you know if your cycle is normally 28days ish? Yep anything is possible...hmmmmm im trying not to get my self too excited about this but its got me thinking...
Oh wow, ok! I never counted the days, but knew it was early. My early dating scan put me a few days ahead of the day you calculate from your last period too, which didnt surprise me. I am not 100% sure on my cycles sorry and I was a bit mucked up at the time as I had come off implanon only about 7-8 weeks before hand. It would be hard waiting to find out for sure. I tested on a Saturday and got a positive and my period wasn't due til the following Tuesday.
Arrrggghhh this is driving me crazy....the two week wait!
Yes! I am living proof! My hubby and I recently gave up on ttc (have been trying since September of 2018 after stillbirth). We dtd on day 9 of my cycle (December 26) and I was shocked when I took a test on February 1st and got my BFP! I waited three days to take another and it was confirmed!
Sign in to follow this topic