Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Caesarians Rss

you have every right to request no visitors to the next day.I would let the hospital know that you request this and just don't tell anyone the room your in. Usually hospitals are quite happy to stop visitors going to your room etc. So they have no choice but to wait.

[url=http://lilypie.com][img]http://lb2f.lilypie.c

Sara, dont tell them the date LOL! Tell them you didnt get time because it ended up being an emergency caesarean and they had to rush you to theatre... i know its naughty but gets everyone off your back and stops you having to stress xox
Mum and Dad are watching J Denae, so it will be a bit hard to tell them. And it's mostly mum I"m worried about lol. We're one of 'those' families. We're big, loud, and everyone knows everyone elses buisness. Sometimes I love it, other times, like these, I can't stand it!

Try showing your partner this. Maybe once he sees how you feel on hear and what everyone else thinks it might actually hit home. If it was me i would be telling him that if he doesn't support me then i don't want hime there either and If he can't be supportive and understanding now then i couldn't trust that he will be at the time and i would want it to be a happy one.
All else fails, maybe speak to your doctor. Tell them how you feel and ask if they can request that you have no visitors until the next day. Make sure they put it in your notes and tell hubby too so they don't think it's just you saying it. I'm sure a doctor can come up with some reason for it and if the doctors saying it they might actually listen. After all if a doctor says it then its not up to you is it.
And is there someone else that could look after your other child. When i had my caesareans we put our kids into childcare for the day. We dropped them off on the way to hospital and they had a great time.

mum 2 3 Gorgeous Little Men & 1 Beautiful Princess

lmao Sara, that sounds like my family!! But they also need to respect your wishes. I would tell them the time you are going into theatre is an hour later then you thought. That way gives you an extra hour with just the three of you and then your parents can bring in Jack to meet his little brother? We had some us time after layla was born but then got my BIL to bring in Cohen
Do you have a Midwife that you could talk to. This is Major Adominal Surgery not a walk in the park. You dont know how it going to go or how you are going to feel. I think your Family need to get a clue and so does your hubby. It takes longer to bond with your child especially when it comes to breastfeeding and it takes time to find ways to breastfeed your child. I know of a friends husband who thought that it was minor surgery but its nots. Its Major surgery and takes more than six months for your body to recover. Plus when did having a baby become a spectator sport this is your body and child you should feel up to saying that family can wait until next day. Having a baby is up to you and if you say no then your hubby should repect you
Do you have a Midwife that you could talk to. This is Major Adominal Surgery not a walk in the park. You dont know how it going to go or how you are going to feel. I think your Family need to get a clue and so does your hubby. It takes longer to bond with your child especially when it comes to breastfeeding and it takes time to find ways to breastfeed your child. I know of a friends husband who thought that it was minor surgery but its nots. Its Major surgery and takes more than six months for your body to recover. Plus when did having a baby become a spectator sport this is your body and child you should feel up to saying that family can wait until next day. Having a baby is up to you and if you say no then your hubby should repect you
Just wanted to update you all. I have stuck to my guns and now I have my Mum on my side. I explained exactly how I felt and she's really good about it now! I've got one sister still being a bit nasty, but it makes it so much easier when I've got the support of everyone else! Thanks so much for everyones help smile

Thats fantastic. I'm so pleased for you. Hopefully now you can just relax and enjoy the rest of your pregnancy.

And don't worry about your sister, she will get over it. I had one the same and i just told her not to contact me at all until she can be supportive and nice. It sounds horrible but she didn't care about my feelings so why should i care about hers. Besides, i wanted to enjoy my pregnancy and not worry about other people.

Anyway, well done and good on you for not giving in. You should feel very proud of yourself.

mum 2 3 Gorgeous Little Men & 1 Beautiful Princess

I banned all visitors (except my hubby and older child) from the hospital completely.

I told everyone early on, and also said that if they turned up at this difficult but special time (I had twins, I was paranoid), I would be very upset and very very angry.

They didn't take it all that well, but they did as I said... and met our new babies the day after we arrived home. All was well once they saw the newies.

I also spoke to the staff on the ward and told them very clearly about this rule. They thought I was loopy, but also screened visitors quite well (hubby was hassled every time he arrived, juast to be sure he was hubby not someone else)!

I'm happy I did this. I was tired and stressed and didn't need all the bulls**t of visitors at that time.
Hi,
Geelong Hospital has a policy of only allowing visitor between 4 & 8 pm. But you can also have a no visitors today policy, then a 2 visitors at a time, so speak to your hospital about your wishes and let your family know you will keep them informed but you are sticking to your guns, you need private time after a caesar.
All the best
Rachael

I think its a great idea! I am having a planned c-section and I hate trying to feed etc with people around - so I think I will tell everyone to stay away as well, and on any other day they can only visit in the afternoons.

I used to work as a ward clerk in the hospital, and I know for a fact the midwives are very protective of their mothers! So if you tell them before hand NO VISITORS the first day, and have it in your file they will not let anyone in!

Good Luck, and hopefully your mother understands. She will forget any hard feelings as soon as she sees her new grandchild anyway!
Sign in to follow this topic