Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Loss and Sadness
  5. Scan today to see if pregnancy viable

Scan today to see if pregnancy viable Rss

Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum thing but I'm really struggling today...at the end of May I had a miscarriage at 6 weeks. It was a complete one and I bled at home for about a week. The doctor said we didn't need to wait so we didn't and we immediately got pregnant again without a period between. On the 15th July, a scan showed the little bean was 6 weeks 4 days with a heartbeat. The sonographer told us the heart rate was low at 78...so the stress and worry began. My HcG levels were then monitored and they had risen in 3 days but not doubled like my doctor thought they would have. I am now SO WORRIED I have had a missed miscarriage and my little bean has stopped growing. I have a scan today and I am prepared for the worst...that they will tell me the heart has stopped beating. Just looking for any advice or experiences from others who may have been through something like this. Thanks
No real advice.

Just want to say good luck for today. Hope all goes well.

Let us know how you get on. Good luck.

Hey there just want to update in case anyone sees the original post and can relate...Sadly the scan that day showed our baby hadn't grown and the heart had stopped. I should be 9 weeks today, baby passed at 6.5 weeks. Because this is a "missed miscarriage", I still am not showing any sign of miscarrying so my options are to wait, take some medication to bring on the miscarriage or have a D&C. I am not a fan of any surgery and have heard there is a risk of the D&C causing scar tissue which can cause more trouble TTC. I have decided if I haven't had any bleeding by Friday I will take the medication. From what I have read about other woman's experiences this isn't going to be a pleasant experience...My heart goes out to any woman having been or is going through this, it's such a sad time. Love to all xxx
So sorry for you too. I had a similar experience in May, but haven't ovulated since. It is a terribly sad thing to go through. Hope we both have a successful pregnancy soon.
Hello there. How are you? I am so sorry to read about your post. This is so sad. I have faced the same terrible fate sometime ago. I had 2 miscarriages. One after the other. They left me empty. I was diagnosed with PCOS disease and was advised to never conceive. I was dead. I was nothing. Just respiration body. Nothing more, nothing less. This was so hard challenge to face. My husband, on the other end; didn’t gave the hope up. He took me to “BioTexCom” where they applied the latest medical advancement and fertility treatment on me and gave me 3 beautiful babies. I am sorry to hear this but you to keep fighting. Hope for the best!! Clair ..
Sign in to follow this topic